Now that the governor has cleared neighborhood pools to operate with conditions, we are pleased to announce that our facility will open for homeowner members on Thursday, May 21.
The facility will open for annual outside members on Friday, May 29. (All annual swim/tennis memberships have expired and will need to be renewed by that date for pool use. Please reach out to Zach Priceman at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. Memberships are $395 and include use of swim and tennis facilities.)
Usual pool hours, as listed on the Woods of Parkview website, will be in effect.
Member cooperation is imperative during these unusual times. We ask members to abide by all guidelines on their own and to respectfully cooperate with lifeguard staff. To protect each of you, there will be zero tolerance for combative or argumentative members while we are trying to regulate safe pool use.
Please let us know if there are questions about the procedures outlined below. They are in keeping with recommendations from the governor’s office, the state department of health and our pool management company, Positively Pools. They will be in effect until further notice.
• Individuals who have a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19 shall not enter. This includes: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
• It is prohibited to use the pool if you have had viral symptoms or been in contact with a symptomatic person within the last 14 days.
• Face coverings are not to be worn in the water (potential drowning hazard).
• Heed notices at the entrance of the pool and in other areas that encourage hand hygiene.
• Members only until further notice (by request of the state of Georgia). Guests of homeowner and annual members are not allowed. We will loosen this provision when feasible. Private parties and pavilion rentals are suspended for the season.
• We will restrict Total Capacity to provide a minimum 6-foot distancing between all patrons.
• Lifeguards will encourage 6 foot distancing in the water and around the pool deck regardless of familial relations (with the exception of families with minors). Guards have discretion.
• If we are at or near capacity, a sign-up system managed by lifeguards will track time and total numbers, giving patrons 2 hours to stay and swim.
• Rearranging deck furniture by patrons will be prohibited unless permission is granted by lifeguards.
• Sanitizer spray bottles will be provided around the facility. Members are encouraged to spray their seating and any other areas before and after use.
• Lifeguards will perform a full spray round of the facility every hour at Safety Break, which will be extended to 20 minutes.
• Shared items are restricted. No toys, balls, rafts and other items that can be interchangeable between any two people, regardless of familial relation.
• Life jackets, floaties and other permanent type items are allowable for shallow end swimming only by one person.
• Lifeguards will be provided with masks to be worn while on deck and/or when a safe distance cannot be managed safely. Masks will not be worn on the stand, in the water or during rescue/first aid action.
• The kitchen facilities and grill will be closed until further notice.
• County safety regulations require the outer pool gate to remain closed and latched even during pool operation. Please take care to wash hands after gate use. (Personal wipes encouraged.)
These procedures are subject to change anytime to improve safety and efficiency. Lifeguards on the pool deck have full discretion. Please check the HOA website regularly for any procedure updates.
Again, it’s imperative that we all work to maintain safe distances and keep each other healthy by staying away if sick or exposed. Please also respect the difficult work our guards will perform to allow us to have a swim season at this challenging time.
Questions, comments, concerns, compliments: Email Duane Stanford at email@example.com with your thoughts or to request a callback.
This season will be unusual, but let the swimming commence. Have fun!
To signup for WOP news by email -- Contact Sandy